Monday 16 March 2015

February 2015: Income & Expenses

     Overall February was a pretty good month for me, income was fairly average from work and dividends, with a nice boost from my increased position in D.UN from my previous buy. I also managed to control my costs very nicely last month with a below average amount spent, hitting a nice savings rate of 25.6%!



Income
$
Work
1338.28
Other
63.76
Dividends
44.89
Total
1461.68
    Income from toiling away and working was just a little bit below my average. Thankfully the amount I do work is enough to cover all my costs in a month and still have some leftover to save. On top of that working income I got some extra cash generated from tips that were pretty good this February. And dividend income was nice as well! That dividend income always goes directly into future purchases and savings as I leave it in my Questrade brokerage account. Its great to see that section of my income steadily creeping up and making a larger portion of my income and covering more and more of my costs.

Expenses
$
Rent
750
Phone
28.25
Travel
81
Groceries
102.88
Restaurants
39.7
Entertainment
41.35
Other
42.49
Total
1085.67
    As mentioned, overall costs were kept well under control, with my usual runaway costs in food and fun related activities being kept quite low. Groceries were about average, and I am happy with keeping money spent eating out, having fun(entertainment) and other costs down. Also managed to keep my travel costs down(from commuting) as well. My efforts in February rewarded me with a pretty good savings rate of 25.7% which is great all things considering, although lower than my 2015 goal for the year of hitting 40%.

    March's report will make an interesting comparison against this month, as that big expense I paid in Decembers Post is finally happening! So I will have a week less of 'normal' expenses like groceries, commuting etc, but will probably incur the extra costs of having fun and being a tourist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment