Friday 26 September 2014

September 2014 Dividend Update!

    Since I have now collect all the dividends and distribution for September it is time for another dividend update! September is slotted in with March and June where none of my previously existing quarterly paying companies sent me dividends.

    So this months income is only comprised of my monthly paying companies. So considering that, the $29.1 that landed in my account this month is pretty good! That is $27.73 more than I got last September and $10.51 more than in June, which is a comparable month. This increase between June and September is due to my purchase of Veresen(VSN), and additional shares in Pembina Pipeline (PPL) and BMO ETF (ZDV).


  When December rolls around my recent purchase of Suncor (SU), pending other buys will be a quarterly dividend payer for that month which will help to even out dividend income by adding an estimated $5.6 per quarterly payment.
 
Company
Ticker
$(Cdn)
Notes
Dream Office REIT
D.UN
11.39

Veresen
VSN
8.16

Pizza Pizza
PZA
4

Pembina Pipeline Corp.
PPL
3.34

BMO Cdn. Div ETF
ZDV
1.61
With 26 Shares
Ishares 1-5yr GovBond ETF
CLF
0.59

Total Dividends

29.1


    This months dividend payments equal to roughly 3 hours of minimum wage work(after deductions) that I did not have to work for! Or, to match it with an expense covers my new mobile phone plan and perhaps a couple slices of pizza at Pizza Pizza (PZA)!! :)


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recent dividend income update with us. You are off to a great start. I think you'll be amazed at your totals when you look back at September 2014 in one year and see how far you have come. Keep on adding those dividend paying stocks. Look forward to your next progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't complain about a 2,000% increase year over year! :)

    In all seriousness, that is a great level of monthly dividend income which should only be nicely supplemented by the addition of quarterly payers as you've mentioned. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to future updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement DivHut! Even in just the past few months I am quite happy with the steady increases.

    @W2R, ha yeah 2000% aint bad! And I agree, I like the steady income that the monthly payers give, with them plus a couple quarterly payers I can usually buy at least 2 shares of ZDV to add to my div income if I am unable to add more capital. With recent market pull backs though, I am somewhat tempted to add another REIT or D.UN again.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete