Monday 11 April 2016

March 2016: Dividend Update!

    March made for a pretty good month of dividends. Falling just short of breaking the $100 mark for dividend income. I still increased the amount received from the previous third month of the quarter by $11.54 . So I am very happy to see the progression. Had Dream Office REIT not cut its dividend, I would have been closer to $110!

    So far this year, with the first quarter of 2016 done, my total dividends received is $435.93. Which is 21% of the way to my 2016 dividend income goal of $2,000. So a pretty good start, and as I continue to add positions to my portfolio and hopefully a few dividend increases will help along the way as well.

Company
Ticker
$(Cdn)
Notes
Dream Office REIT
D.UN
20.50

Veresen
VSN
14.24

Pizza Pizza
PZA
9.76

Pembina Pipeline Corp.
PPL
14.49

RioCan REIT
REI.UN
9.4

Manulife
MFC
24.98

Suncor
SU
5.8

Total Dividends

99.17
+11.54, 13%

    While my monthly dividend income has taken a bit of a hit from the dividend cut from Dream, my 'recently' built up position in Manulife has picked up the slack.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. Not too bad for my lighter dividend month eh! :)

      Delete
  2. Great month DW. It takes a lot of hard work and patience to make more than $100 a month in dividends. Question, do you DRIP your dividends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far no DRIP's, although I have been thinking quite a bit about setting up some of them to do so.

      Delete
  3. Nice getting SO close to breaking $100 this month. SO freaking close!

    We obviously have two very different portfolios but it's nice to see you killing it going a different route than I did. Just shows to prove that it doesn't matter the formula, dividend investing will get you there. Awesome dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i know! Just need a dividend raise, or add to a monthly/quarterly paying and it will be done! It would have been over $100 had Dream not cut its dividend. Oh well, no rush.

      Different portfolios to be sure, but not too different styles. You've the benefit of having all the US markets are you home markets/currency!

      Delete
  4. Hey DW,

    All attractive names there and nearly amassing that $100 cheque in dividends. Keep the train running bud.

    DB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Most of the names are pretty big, stable ones. PZA is more of a growing company with brand recognition in Canada, but also pays a nice monthly dividend. VSN is a stock I have to watch closely, and a lot of its value is hinged I think on its current Jordan Cove project that it is trying to get approval for. Its my more 'speculative' pick to play with in my TFSA.

      Delete