Tuesday 2 February 2016

January 2016: Dividend Update!

    January, being the first month of Q1 is usually always a great month for dividend income for me. January 2016 is proven to be no exception to that, having been an excellent month with my new high mark for passive income. My monthly payers continue to give me a solid base of dividend income, while the quarterly dividends pushed me well into the $200 mark!

    While the Canadian dollar may have gotten weaker against the US Dollar, making some imported products more expensive here in Canada, I did benefit a bit from it with my US Dollar dividend from AQN rising by $5.06 simply from the change in exchange rate.


Company
Ticker
$(Cdn)
Notes
Dream Office REIT
D.UN
30.61

Pembina Pipeline Corp.
PPL
10.68

Pizza Pizza
PZA
9.76

RioCan REIT
REI.UN
9.40

Veresen
VSN
14.24

Algonquin Power&Utilities
AQN
50.50
+$5.06 from FX
BCE Inc.
BCE
39

Bank of Nova Scotia
BNS
40.6

Toronto Dominion Bank
TD
22.44

Total Dividends

227.23
+$18.88, 8.3%

    Overall, my dividend income increased by $18.88 from my last comparable month in October 2015. Which is an increase of 8.3%, not bad! Perhaps by next time I will have added to one of these positions to keep the momentum going. I am very happy to be getting over $100, and $200 every month for doing nothing! This months dividend income represents 20 hours of minimum wage work, so my portfolio worked 5 hours a week for me in January, nice!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on receiving over $200 in income. I also own AQN and enjoyed receiving that dividend with the state of our loonie being so low. Great job keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah. AQN's dividend has been creeping up pretty much every quarter, happy to have the FX rate doing at least some good for us.

      Will do!

      Delete
  2. Hey DW,

    Congrats on another month of sitting back and collecting dividend income. Nice progress mate.

    DB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know you know how much hard work it is! :)

      Delete
  3. That's nice you saw an increase from AQN due to exchange rate. Over $225 in dividend is pretty awesome. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for sure, although I will be a little sad when it eventually goes the other way.

      Delete