Tuesday 29 December 2015

December 2015: Dividend Update!

    With December coming to a close, 2015 is going with it as well. I am very happy to once again to be posting about the dividends that I have received this month, as well as looking back over this years progress. Seeing the dividends get deposited into my brokerage account always makes me smile, and I get an even bigger smile at the end of the month every time I see that the months dividends have out paced the previously comparable month. This December was no different, with the months dividends once again pulling ahead!

Company
Ticker
$(Cdn)
Notes
Dream Office REIT
D.UN
30.61

Pembina Pipeline Corp.
PPL
10.68

Pizza Pizza
PZA
9.76
+0.24  Div raise.
RioCan REIT
REI.UN
9.40

Veresen
VSN
14.24

Manulife Financial
MFC
7.14

Suncor
SU
5.8

Total

87.63


    Decembers dividends were boosted over its last comparable month through new purchases. I had bought additional shares in Dream REIT, and had my first dividends from Manulife which deposited more dividends this month, as well as a small dividend increase from Pizza Pizza.

    The third month of every quarter is so far always my lightest month for dividends, as the majority of my quarterly dividend paying companies payout on the first month of each quarter. When picking new stocks to buy or add to positions, I do consider trying to smooth out my dividend payouts from month to month but only as a minor consideration.

    Here is my dividend progression for the third quarter payouts of 2015:
March $42.24
June $61.93
September $71.85
December $87.63

    Looking back over the year, there has been quite a bit of progress each month, as well as having just over doubled the dividend income from the beginning to the end of the year. I probably will not be able to do it again in 2016, but I will certainly try. Definitely looking forward to the challenge of breaking the $100 in dividends for those months.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done, DW. Thats awesome that your div income is almost double that of last year. Im sure you will break the $100 mark in the coming months.

    Best
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, its pretty incredible the dividend growth I have managed to get this year. Looking forward to the new year!

      All the best for you R2R!

      Delete