Tuesday 5 May 2015

April 2015 Dividend Update!

    The end of March and the beginning of April were two very busy times for me, with several additions made to my portfolio. A few of those buys were before their respective stocks ex-dividend dates and that is very visible in my dividend income results this month! Better yet, the additions made to REI.UN, PZA, BCE, and ZDV did not make it into this months payout, which means in three months time I should be getting this months $143.95 PLUS the income from those new shares added to the total! This months total also smashed my previous record in January by $75.17!



Company
Ticker
$(Cdn)
Notes
Dream Office REIT
D.UN
15.87

Veresen
VSN
8.16

Pizza Pizza
PZA
4

Pembina Pipeline Corp.
PPL
3.34

RioCan REIT
REI.UN
3.29

BMO Cdn. Div ETF
ZDV
1.98

Algonquin Power
AQN
39.94
+200 shares
Bank of Nova Scotia
BNS
31.28
+40 shares
TD Bank
TD
22.44
+26 shares
BCE Inc (Bell)
BCE
13.65

Total Dividends

143.95
+$68.78 from previous comparable month!

    In the words of a favourite blogger of mine Dividend Mantra, the snowball is starting to roll! This months dividend alone could be reinvested into 8 more shares of ZDV, which would supply me with another $.051 a month, for another $6 a year! However I usually choose to combine my dividends in with fresh capital to make larger purchases to minimize my transaction costs. Thankfully, Questrade already has some very low fees at roughly $5 per trade. I also did a review on it a few months ago if you are interested or shopping for a discount brokerage. This months major increase in dividends come from the additional 200 shares of AQN I purchased, as well as a continuing favourable exchange rate between $US and $CAD since AQN pays in $US. As well as an additional 40 shares of BNS and 26 shares of TD. Unfurtunately the new shares of PZA, REI.UN, BCE and ZDV didn't make the ex-dividend dates so I will continue to wait expectantly for them next time!

    I am also excited about July, not only will the nice summer weather be in full swing but my dividend stream will be as well! I am also planning out my next purchase, I love being able to shop around for more quality stocks, especially when I can buy them! If I were ever asked what my favourite thing to buy was, 100% my answer would be income!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on teh dividend income, DW. Those numbers are starting to look better - as you said - the snowball is starting to roll!

    Keep it up!
    R2R

    ReplyDelete